Happy Monday T&T’s Entrepreneurs! Hope your weekend was well spent. It’s that time again. Goal setting time. Let’s talk about goals. In life without goals, we are like a ship without a course that goes to and fro on the ocean thrown this way and that by the waves and currents.
The captain can’t lead the passengers, because he doesn’t have a clear idea of where he is going and how to get them over to the other side of the ocean safely. Without goals, it’s the same with all areas of your life: your household, your health, your relationships, your finances, your business and your career.
Life is flying by and we must be able to take charge of our lives in order to make the most of it, so we would have no regrets when our time here is done. A good way to define your goals is to close your eyes and picture where you want to be 20 years from now. Imagine it down to the last detail.
Your house, your family, your health and your career. Ask yourselves these questions:
- How many days a week and hours a day do you need to work in order to live your ideal life?
- How often do you want to go on vacation?
- Do you want a vacation home in Barbados, Grenada, St. Lucia or Florida?
- Do you want to work from home or do you want to go to a big office in the city?
- Do you want to fly airplanes or do you want to teach people how to dance?
- Do you like the single life or do you want to have a big family with a house filled with kids?
- Do you want to retire at 50 and start your own business or do you want to work till 65 and keep yourself active and young by going out and meeting people every day?
It’s good to dream big dreams, because when we dream, our goals take shape and it motivates us to make them a reality. But I’ll share a little secret with you. Don’t tell too many people about your dreams, because there are some that may not understand the power you have to make them come true. They may not believe how great your destiny is that awaits you and may find subtle (and not so subtle) ways to undermine your progress.
Once you have a clear picture in your mind, write it down, stick it up somewhere you can see it every day, repeat it in your mind like a mantra until you eat, sleep and breathe it. Believe it in your heart and the universe will find ways to make it come to fruition.
You are what you think. You become what’s in your mind and those thoughts manifests itself in your life. Guard your thoughts and emotions because they have the power to make you or break you.
Set your goal. Think it in your head, believe it in your heart and watch your dreams come to pass!
Hope this helps! Have a great week ahead. As usual, feel free to share and shoot us a comment below and let us know if you found this blog post useful.
Until next time.
T&T’s Entrepreneurs Team